Ben Affleck believes failure is an important part of success, and expects he will have career lows in the future.
Ben Affleck believes failure is an important part of success, and expects he will have career lows in the future.
Ben Affleck believes he will be a failure in the future.
The 'Town' director - who is married to actress Jennifer Garner - is thankful for his career as a filmmaker and actor, but doesn't think the road will continue without bumps and always wants to be 'brave' and take risks.
He said: 'Failure is just a function of risk. I look at my great heroes as actors and directors and none of them have perfect records. I imagine I will have an even more imperfect record.
'I think you have to still be brave enough to take risks. Today I am enjoying the success. Being number one at the box office is pretty cool. But I've been round the block enough times to know it won't last forever.'
The 38-year-old hunk thinks without failure he would have gone 'crazy', and thinks it has helped him build his character.
He told Live: 'I've been privileged to have a career long enough to see every part of the business, every part of success and failure. It's much healthier that way. I would be crazy and insufferable if I hadn't had those bumps along the way. There's a lot to be said for how you face adversity, how you react - and how you move on.'