VIC CHOU OF F4 DIAGNOSED WITH DEPRESSION


18 Aug – Taiwanese heartthrob Vic Chou shot to fame in 2001, after his role in drama "Meteor Garden". Recently Vic said to the Chinese press, "But many people looked down on me, especially those in showbiz. Who is he? He's just a 'pretty vase'."; according to the Xin MSN website.
He added, "People might not believe me when I say this. When I first entered showbiz, all I wanted was to leave this industry. I kept thinking how I could get out of my contract and say goodbye to all these."
Even when countless drama offers came pouring in, Vic was still determined to keep a distance from showbiz because he had seen the things people do to reach the top. The actor was frequently taken advantage of because he is a person who "is unwilling to fight, and would rather do things quietly".
"I was struggling. With my kind of attitude, I would still be bullied, no matter where I worked; but not wanting to fight is my nature," Vic said.
Vic's emotional burden accumulated over the years, resulting in depression a few years ago.
"I was immune to pain and was unafraid of death, during the worst period when I had depression. Death became optional. In other words, I would die, if I wanted to die today," he let on.
The actor might have talked about his illness lightly now, but his condition was rather severe back then.
"Luckily, I have positive-thinking friends, who were willing to listen to me, towards the end of my therapy, and I would tell them about my condition. You're actually helping yourself, if you're willing to share. The negativity would decrease," Vic said.

Daily Dose of Everything