Karl Lagerfeld decided to rid himself of his black suit and high-necked white shirts because blue looks better on television.
Karl Lagerfeld decided to rid himself of his black suit and high-necked white shirts because blue looks better on television.
Karl Lagerfeld has changed his iconic black suit to a blue outfit because it looks better on television.

The German fashion designer - who is well known for his love of high collared shirts teamed with a tie, black suit and sunglasses - has decided to alter his look because he wants to give off a better image.

He said: 'Fashion is about change, and me too, you know. I suddenly discovered that maybe blue is better on TV than black.'


Karl, who works on his own label as well as designs for Chanel and Fendi, also admitted he thinks he is lazy despite his job requiring him to work constantly.

He admitted in a video interview with the Daily Telegraph website: 'I am never pleased anyway with myself, I always think I am lazy, I could do better. 'I have the feeling I get up, and then I go to bed again, I get up again; I do so many things in-between, I have the feeling I do nothing.'

Karl, 77, recently voiced his support for the appointment of Emmanuelle Alt for the position of editor-in-chief of French Vogue, claiming she is a 'handsome' woman.

He said: 'Her style is her big shoulders, long legs, tight jeans, sleeves up to the elbow, one hip out.

I personally like her.

She's a handsome French woman. S

he has a style, but is it enough to make a whole magazine? As editor-in-chief, she may blossom.'