TAYLOR SWIFT SPEAKS ABOUT HER IDOLS


Grammy Award winner Taylor Swift -- who has already established herself as one of today's biggest music stars -- talks about some of her favorite women rockers who influenced her career.
Taylor was interviewed in conjunction with a new exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum that will showcase artists including Lady GaGaMadonnaBritney SpearsChristina AguileraCherAretha Franklin and Pat Benatar.


"Looking back, when I think of women who rock, I think of so many different artists -- likePat BenatarShania TwainDixie ChicksFaith Hill, and Stevie Nicks -- people who I can't believe I've gotten to meet now. So it's unbelievable to look back on the music they created and the effect it had on my life."

Taylor, 21, said she feels a special connection to the Women Who Rock exhibit, set to open today at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. "When I picture the phrase Women Who Rock, I think of guitars, I think of writing songs, I think of telling stories. I think of connecting with your fans on a level that's very personal -- and you know, hair flying and stuff like that."
The exhibit will spotlight more than 60 artists -- featuring artifacts, video and listening stations -- as well as a recording booth where visitors can film their own moment related to women in rock. A benefit concert will take place on Saturday, with an all-star lineup including Wanda Jackson and Cyndi Lauper.

Daily Dose of Everything