DEMI LOVATO DIAGNOSED WITH BIPOLAR DISORDER


Demi Lovato Admits to Having Bipolar Disorder
Demi Lovato is three months removed from treatment for her eating disorder and the embattled star is coming out stating she has bipolar disorder as well.
It wasn't until Lovato went into treatment that she had found out the new details regarding her illness. "I never found out until I went into treatment that I was bipolar," the singer explained to People in an interview. "Looking back, it makes sense."
What made sense to the Disney star was what she found out during her three-month stay at a treatment center. While being treated for bulimia, anorexia and self-mutilation, Lovato realized her issues went deeper than the surface with her uncontrollable actions and emotions. "There were times when I was so manic, I was writing seven songs in one night and I'd be up until 5:30 in the morning."



Lovato has since come to grips with her ailment and is living a healthier life since leaving treatment. "I feel like I am in control now where my whole life I wasn't in control."

Daily Dose of Everything