BEYONCE QUITS HER CAREER AT 30



Beyonce sat down with Piers Morgan during an exclusive interview that aired Monday night, dishing on her baby aspirations, singing for the first couple during President Obama's 2009 inaugural ball and more.

"I always said I would have a baby at 30," said Beyonce, who turns 30 on September 4. "But I also said I was going to retire at 30."

Beyonce went on to confirm that she has no plans of quitting the entertainment industry and is unsure about when she would start a family with her husband Jay-Z, whom Piers called a "good man."

"He is amazing," Beyonce said simply without going deep into detail about their marriage due to a pact made between the couple. "Jay and I have kind of made a decision that we want to be known for our music and not our relationships or scandals."

One relationship that Beyonce had no qualms discussing - the first couple. The pop diva played a role in U.S. history when she sang the Etta James' classic "At Last" while President Barack Obama his wife Michelle danced at the 2009 inaugural ball.

"It was really powerful and overwhelming," Beyonce said of the event. "I kept telling myself, 'This is not about you. You have to do this for them. You have to do this for history,' and it's the only way I was able to get through that song because I wanted to ball."

Even though her singing is what made her famous, Beyonce has also become a respected actress with her roles in films like 'Dreamgirls' and 'Cadillac Records.' Beyonce acknowledged that she enjoys most of the aspects of acting with the exception of shooting love scenes.

"I don't like them," Beyonce declared. "They're uncomfortable."

Beyonce's fourth solo album 4 hits stores June 28, and you can watch "Piers Morgan Tonight" weeknights on CNN.

Daily Dose of Everything